11/3/10

I need Visine

     I have to be honest here.  This looked like it was going to take me about 10 minutes to finish, but I have been here staring at a blank piece of paper for about half hour.  Holly crap! I though I had an idea of the direction I'm heading in.  But after giving this some serious though I came up with 5 goals.  1- Consider going for a higher degree, 2-Try to get a Series 7 License, 3- Try to get a better grip at the market, 4- Continue to graffiti, 5- Buy some turntables and go back to something i never finished.
     1- I considered going for some higher degree because I like school and I don't mind doing the work.  I would have to pick up another job to pay off the tuition or maybe borrow some money from family members.  I'm fortunate enough to have some family members who would be able to help me out, so that I would not need to go to a bank.  
     2- In 2008 I saved up $3500 bucks from working as a Bus Boy, and I wanted to invest it in Apple, when it was around $150. But my mother was scared that i would loose it all and begged me not to waste all my money on that crazy nonsense.  But this time around i would not listen to Mrs Buffett, and I would follow my intuition.  If i take some time and do research, I think I would be able to find something that would pay off.
     3-  I love to read Fortune and Forbes and WSJ.....whenever I can afford it or get a chance too.  I have been so busy that I don't have the chance to read.  But I would love to set some time, during the day, and at least read for 30 mins.  Wrap my head around what is going on.  It helps to know.
     4-  Ever since I saw the movie Style Wars back in 2005, I started to graffiti.  I mostly draw on my black book because spray cans cost too much and there is a high chance of getting caught.  And if you don't get caught, someone comes and writes all over your piece.  I like to just draw on my black book.  I have two that are filled up and the third is still fresh.  Again, I don't have any time to do that but if I could, I would love to at least take one hour a week and just draw stuff.  It helps me relax and I love the smell of paint markers.
     5-  When I was 13, I downloaded this program called virtual DJ and I purchased a small mixer.  I had a blast messing with that thing, and I even mixed some great stuff.  What I really want to do is get two turntables a mixer and buy Serato, and scratch.  Thats where the fun begins.  Time is a big factor, I never have enough.  I would need at least 2-3 hours at one time to get something going.
    

6 comments:

  1. Dear Abe,

    Thanks for telling us your vision and what dreams you have stored in the back of your mind. I think investing is risky as your mother said and It's also very profitable if you do a good job at it. Please be driven by your own vision and not what your mother thinks you should do with the money you earned.

    I will also go on the say that art is the part of our lives that inspire us and keep us on to the status of amaing. Keep on going and lets talk some more about your book on Goldman Sacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it is very risky but if you don't take chances then you will miss out a lot, like i did. The book is called Chasing Goldman Sachs by Suzanne McGee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know a lot about investing in the stock market, but you should give it a shot. It might also be able to help you pay for your college tuition, which would be pretty sweet. Doing graffiti sounds relaxing, so you should definitely keep doing it whenever you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should listen to your mom. But if you are really interested in investing, you have to take the risk. There are two things that you have to consider: risks and time. During the good time you are the winer. It is like playing the lottery with a lot of money. I encourage to in yours plans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've got some pretty awesome goals here Abe. I think that if you want to invest in the market, go for it! It seems that with reading the Wall Street Journal and keeping up with the news, you would have a great intuition when it comes to investing. It's pretty cool that you do graffiti. I can never wrap myself around any form of drawing, but I definetly understand how something like that can calm you. I feel the same when I play piano.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, what i can say is that your goals are pretty clear! The fact that you numbered them shows also that you are really organized! I just wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete