11/23/10

Di

     I found out that i was a Di.  Dominance and Influence.  A Dominant managers emphasis is on shaping the environment by overcoming opposition to accomplish results.  A Influence managers emphasis is on shaping the environment by influencing or persuading others. 
     I would say this test was pretty accurate.  I do tend to look for immediate results and I love to take on challenges.  I feel comfortable questioning the status quo and with the right crowd I'll even feel comfortable taking authority.  I do need  direct answers, I hate people that beat around the bush, and I like freedom from controls and supervision.  And if I see that there is room for advancement, I try to take advantage. 
     I do need someone who uses caution, calculates risk, and weights the pros and cons.  I tend to make quick decisions, and sometimes they aren't the best ones.  
     Overall I think this was pretty accurate, I find this helpful because now that I know what category I am in, I can take advantage of this and try to improve.  One thing I took from this was to pace myself and to relax, which helped me in my personal interactions.  If I had the choice to be another type, I would choose Steadiness.  It seems like that is the opposite of who I am and my management style.  

No comments:

Post a Comment